The Maestro, Arturo de Ascanio, left us in April, 1997, but his magic remains alive through the work of Jesus Etcheverry, who has compiled four books of Ascanio’s magic.
We’re stocking this particular volume because we think it’s the best. You get to learn Ascanio’s theories, his thinking and his philosophy, which is extremely deep. We highly recommend this book to all serious students of magic.
This volume details:
- How to Study Magic
- Ascanio’s previously unpublished essays
- Thoughts on Creativity
- Theory Notebook of 1970
- His Classic Articles on Theory
- Conception of the Magical Atmosphere
- Analysis of a Trick
- On Misdirection
- The Fundamentals of Timing
- Know Yourself
- The Psychology of Palming
- The Interviews
- Interview with a Genius of Magic, by Juan Tamariz
- A Biographical Interview and My Character, by Docampo
- Three Juicy Conversations
- Arturo and Juan Chat
- An Essay by Aurelio Paviato
The book is set to go out of print within the next couple of months, so be sure to pick up your copy while there are still some available.