As seen on Season 5 of Penn & Teller: Fool Us, The Sticky-Note Slide by Tyler Twombly is an extensive hour-long tutorial on the most visual, yet practical, methods for performing moving ink effects close-up.
“We love the act!”
– Penn Jillette
“This is a deeply personalized, organic and extraordinarily deceptive modern masterpiece.”
– Jeff McBride
“…it will leave them scratching their heads in disbelief”
– Genii Magazine
You will learn:
The Original Routine, where any letter, number, shape or symbol is drawn in permanent marker in one corner of a sticky-note only to be moved 3 times visibly. The performer then immediately gives the sticky-note to the audience member. There are several distinct variations on this routine which are appropriate for different performance situations.
The Hearts Routine, where two hearts connected by a cupid’s arrow are merged into one, simultaneously bringing the initials of two people together visually. This is generally quicker to perform, but has a high emotional impact.
And finally, Zen Archery, a two-phase routine where the performer first predicts the location of an imagined hole on an archery target drawn on a sticky-note—a completely free choice with no forces or nail writers. Next, the audience member is taught how to move that hole to the bulls-eye magically in their own hand using their imagination.
• Six alternative presentations including “Moving Dot” and “HOLE” which are simplified and quick variations excellent for walk-around
• Quick, Quicker and Instant reset options for all routines
• Detailed, clear visual explanations of all methods used to create and utilize the gimmicks to maximum effect
• NO magnets
• NO threads
• NO palming
• Uses regular sticky-notes you can buy at a store
• Uses regular permanent marker you can also buy at a store
• The things you need to perform these routines are things you probably already own
• Positive mental attitude (PMA)